Sep 27, 2022
BT 108 - Business Proofreading and Editing4 Credit(s)
Review of language skills necessary to succeed in a business career. Practice proofreading and editing business documents. As part of a team and as an individual, the learner will analyze and apply software and reference tools to proofread, edit, and format business documents for mailing.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Use computer and manual proofreading and editing tools.
2. Use reference sources to verify information when proofreading.
3. Apply the various methods to proofreading documents.
4. Recognize and apply grammar and English usage rules when proofreading.
5. Recognize and apply formatting rules to documents.
6. Use reference tools, grammar and formatting rules in proofreading to produce mailable documents.
7. Understand and apply language and communication skills used in business settings.
8. Utilize the computer to compose fundamental workplace appropriate paragraphs for business documents and business e-mail.
9. Develop a portfolio of rules and examples to solve workplace communication problems.
10. Train other students on specific communication problems in business.
11. Evaluate research sources and analyze the quality of information.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)