AM 242 - Automatic Transmissions/ Transaxles
Automatic transmissions and transaxles used in passenger cars and light trucks. Design, function, diagnosis, service and overhaul procedures, principles of hydraulics as applied to automatic transmissions, planetary gear theory and principles, torque converter design and function, and basic electronic controls.
Upon completion of this course, the successful student will be able to:
1. Explain the operation of hydraulic systems as applied to automatic transmissions and transaxles.
2. Explain planetary gear operation and usage in automatic transmissions and transaxles.
3. Explain the function and usage of friction and reaction components in automatic transmissions and transaxles.
4. Identify electronic control devices used in automatic transmissions and transaxles.
5. Demonstrate maintenance procedures and in-vehicle repairs and adjustments.
6. Demonstrate in-vehicle diagnosis using commonly accepted tools and procedures.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)