AM 147 - Suspension and Steering
Design, function, diagnosis, repair and replacement of steering and suspension components used in passenger cars and light trucks including wheel balancing, front-end alignment, and shock absorber service.
Upon completion of this course, the successful student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate diagnostic and repair procedures for steering and suspension components in common automotive use.
2. Explain the function of various steering and suspension systems.
3. Demonstrate tire and wheel repair and balance procedures.
4. Demonstrate suspension alignment procedures.
5. Explain the design and function of various power assist steering systems.
6. Perform steering system; suspension system; and wheels and tires diagnosis and repair.
7. Perform wheel alignment diagnosis, adjustment, and repair.
8. Perform frame service and repair.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)