APR 142 - Devices, Testing Equipment and Code
Designed for Oregon state-recognized apprentices employed in a trade or industry-related occupation. This course focuses on switching devices, wire and cable terminations, and advanced testing equipment used in electronic and information technology disciplines. Emphasis is placed on developing troubleshooting skills and interpreting the National Electrical Code as it applies to installations and maintenance of low voltage systems. Students will gain knowledge of the basic theory, vocabulary and safety practices used in hook ups, testing, computer applications and specialized test equipment common to the Limited Energy Technician trades.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Select switching devices for specific applications.
2. Demonstrate proper techniques in low voltage cabling.
3. Employ NEC practices common to the Limited Energy trade.
4. Identify computer related hardware as it applies to information technology installations.
5. Solve troubleshooting problems through the use of specialized test equipment.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)