APR 105 - Electrical Wiring for the Trades
This course is designed to familiarize the student with work tasks in the electrical construction industry. In this introductory course, the student will learn basic electrical concepts and build basic circuits using physical components of residential electrical systems. The student will study and be introduced to electrical trade tools, equipment and materials.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Define electrical trade terms.
2. Demonstrate basic safety techniques.
3. Identify and use basic tools common to residential wiring.
4. Apply basic Ohm's law equations.
5. Identify residential service entrance equipment and functions.
6. Recognize and use basic wiring diagrams.
7. Build and test basic wiring circuits.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)